Sir Percy, winner of the 2006 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I), sired his first winner when his son Percy Jackson scored at Bath Racecourse May 16.
New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority officials said they were pleased with the numbers for opening weekend -- when compared with 2009 statistics and not those recorded last year for the "$50 million elite meet."
The Jockey Club May 16 announced the launch of Thoroughbred Connect, a free online service designed to assist with placement of Thoroughbreds following the conclusion of their racing or breeding careers.
Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton's Astrology had his final tune-up for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), breezing a half-mile in :51 3/5 May 16 over a sloppy track at Churchill Downs.
Lucille Stephens, widow of Hall of Fame trainer Woody Stephens, died May 14 in Miami Lakes, Fla., after a lengthy illness.
Veterinarians in several states are determining the extent of a possible equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) outbreak tied to cutting horses involved in a recent Odgen, Utah, championship show. Several animals that participated in the April 29-May 8 National Cutting Horse Association's (NCHA) Western National Championship were diagnosed with the neurologic f...
To increase horse owners' awareness and understanding of regenerative medicine, the North American Veterinary Regenerative Medicine Association (NAVRMA) and Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital are hosting "The Horse Owner's Guide to Regenerative Medicine" on June 4, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., at the Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel in Lexington, K...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies