Sir Percy, winner of the 2006 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I), sired his first winner when his son Percy Jackson scored at Bath Racecourse May 16.
New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority officials said they were pleased with the numbers for opening weekend -- when compared with 2009 statistics and not those recorded last year for the "$50 million elite meet."
The Jockey Club May 16 announced the launch of Thoroughbred Connect, a free online service designed to assist with placement of Thoroughbreds following the conclusion of their racing or breeding careers.
Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton's Astrology had his final tune-up for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), breezing a half-mile in :51 3/5 May 16 over a sloppy track at Churchill Downs.
Lucille Stephens, widow of Hall of Fame trainer Woody Stephens, died May 14 in Miami Lakes, Fla., after a lengthy illness.
Veterinarians in several states are determining the extent of a possible equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) outbreak tied to cutting horses involved in a recent Odgen, Utah, championship show. Several animals that participated in the April 29-May 8 National Cutting Horse Association's (NCHA) Western National Championship were diagnosed with the neurologic f...
To increase horse owners' awareness and understanding of regenerative medicine, the North American Veterinary Regenerative Medicine Association (NAVRMA) and Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital are hosting "The Horse Owner's Guide to Regenerative Medicine" on June 4, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., at the Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel in Lexington, K...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Barretts Select Yearling Sale Stays Even