Sir Percy, winner of the 2006 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I), sired his first winner when his son Percy Jackson scored at Bath Racecourse May 16.
New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority officials said they were pleased with the numbers for opening weekend -- when compared with 2009 statistics and not those recorded last year for the "$50 million elite meet."
The Jockey Club May 16 announced the launch of Thoroughbred Connect, a free online service designed to assist with placement of Thoroughbreds following the conclusion of their racing or breeding careers.
Stonestreet Stables and George Bolton's Astrology had his final tune-up for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), breezing a half-mile in :51 3/5 May 16 over a sloppy track at Churchill Downs.
Lucille Stephens, widow of Hall of Fame trainer Woody Stephens, died May 14 in Miami Lakes, Fla., after a lengthy illness.
Veterinarians in several states are determining the extent of a possible equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) outbreak tied to cutting horses involved in a recent Odgen, Utah, championship show. Several animals that participated in the April 29-May 8 National Cutting Horse Association's (NCHA) Western National Championship were diagnosed with the neurologic f...
To increase horse owners' awareness and understanding of regenerative medicine, the North American Veterinary Regenerative Medicine Association (NAVRMA) and Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital are hosting "The Horse Owner's Guide to Regenerative Medicine" on June 4, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., at the Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel in Lexington, K...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks