Joyful Victory tuned up for next month's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with her second dominating performance of the Oaklawn Park season in the $285,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) April 10.
The Keeneland sale of 2-year-olds in training April 11 in Lexington will close out this year's select juvenile selling season, which has produced mixed results.
The great sire Storm Cat had only three foals in his final crop and one of them will be offered April 11 during Keeneland's sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Horses by Street Sense and War Front are among the horses getting a lot of attention prior to the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Uncle Mo's stunning defeat has changed the entire complexion of the race... Read Blog
The Factor, now a favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) next month, "worked great" April 10 at Santa Anita, according to trainer Bob Baffert.
Life At Ten, appearing at Gulfstream Park in her first start since a controversial attempt in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) last fall, ran second in an optional claiming allowance April 10.
Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott was all smiles the morning of April 10 after James S. Karp's homebred Newsdad turned in an impressive work at Keeneland, covering six furlongs in 1:13 under exercise rider Rodolphe Brissett.
Marcellina used a strong closing kick to capture the $2.1 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), the Japanese equivalent of the English One Thousand Guineas held at Hanshin Racecourse April 10.
Horses have traditionally been considered obligate four-legged animals; however, the dogma is changing. Three-legged horses that walk easily with the assistance of a prosthetic limb are not as uncommon as they once were.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones