Odds-on choice Mildly Offensive validated her impressive debut maiden win last month when she splashed to a 4 1/4-length romp in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes on a sloppy track at rainy Santa Anita March 20.
German-bred filly La Luna de Miel, making just her second start in the United States, collared Giants Play at the sixteenth pole and held on to win the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park grass March 20.
A new jockey, an equipment change and a first start on the main track all added up to the initial stakes victory for Juniper Pass in the off-the-turf San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. III) at rain-soaked Santa Anita March 20.
Three months after the closure of the state's largest off-track betting corporation, Suffolk Regional OTB has now gone through with its threat to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy reorganization protection.
Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert says Rebel Stakes (gr. II) winner The Factor being considered for both the Arkansas and Santa Anita Derbies.
- By Steve Haskin
Looking back 40 years to the amazing Jim French Read Blog
Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Mucho Macho Man has been installed as the 9-5 favorite for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds March 26.
The 14 horses ready to start in the $10-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 26 are expected to make history as the highest earning field in racing history outside Japan.
When new bone forms within long bones, enostosislike lesions (ELLs) can develop--an uncommon but concerning problem. Simply put, ELLs are bony growths within the cavity of the bone. At present, the exact cause of this phenomenon is unknown but veterinarians can diagnose it using nuclear scintigraphy (bone scan): an ELL is visible as one or more focal area...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Shipley Named President, GM of Fair Grounds
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe