Roger Urbina's Reprized Halo held off a late charge by WinStar Farm's Extended Family to win the $100,000 Ocala Breeders'Sales Championship Stakes for 3-year-old colts and geldings by three quarters of a length March 14.
Although Bob Baffert's request for a Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) invitation for his Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner Game On Dude was duly delivered by the Dubai Racing Club, the gelding will be staying in his stall.
During a meeting with the California Horse Racing Board March 14, Hollywood Park made it clear that it wants to remain a part of the racing calendar at least through 2012.
Guest photographer Mathea Kelley followed Zenyatta around Lane's End Farm and got some great shots to share with all of Zenyatta's fans here at Through the Lens. Special thanks to Zenyatta's connections and the Lane's End. Read Blog
Churchill Downs Inc. reported net earnings from continuing operations of $19.6 million in 2010, up from $17.7 million for 2009.
Racing from Dubai, Australia and horses like Uncle Mo and Tackleberry. View Slideshow
Holy Bull Stakes runner-up Sweet Ducky has been sold to an anonymous buyer to run in the UAE Derby.
There are changes in this week's Derby Dozen. A few new and a few moved, as we welcome Premier Pegasus and Silver Medallion to the mix. Presented by Pauls Mill Read Blog
Reports from different areas of Japan have so far indicated no major farm damage on Hokkaido as a result of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. Tracks and OTBs in the Northeast district have been damaged.
TrueNicks has elected horseman and bloodstock manager Doug Cauthen to its board of directors. President of Doug Cauthen Bloodstock Services, Cauthen operates an independent bloodstock management company based in Lexington.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The comprehensive study will look at where Thoroughbred racing is and where it needs to be to prosper. Results will be presented Aug. 14 at The Jockey Club Round Table Conference.
The Maryland Jockey Club has announced details for this year's Preakness InfieldFEST, which will feature live entertainment, other events, and a $20 mug for unlimited refills of beer.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack