Grade III winner Grasshopper, who nearly defeated Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense in the Travers Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
For the second time during the meet, Little Mike went gate to wire to win a graded stakes on the Gulfstream Park turf, turning back a solid field in the $150,000 Canadian turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 27.
Twirling Candy, an emerging star in the handicap ranks from John Sadler's barn, worked seven furlongs on Santa Anita's main track Feb. 27 for the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 5.
Trainer Ken McPeek, who saddled Rogue Romance to run third in the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 19, said that the colt would be returning to Fair Grounds to run back in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) next month.
Grade I-placed Harlan's Ruby made her 2011 debut a winning one with a victory in the $50,000 Valdale Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Feb. 26 at Turfway Park.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Uncle Mo and his Derby-nominated stablemate Stay Thirsty were part of a busy morning for trainer Todd Pletcher Feb. 27 at Palm Meadows Training Center.
Responsible ownership is one of the keys to addressing the country's equine welfare problems, said Scott Palmer, VMD, of the New Jersey Equine Clinic. He noted in a presentation at the at the 2010 American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Convention, held Dec. 4-8 in Baltimore, Md., that racing is one segment of the horse industry that regul...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup