Ellafitz, allowed to go it alone on a lackadaisical pace, proved too much to handle in the stretch as she scored her first stakes victory in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) by 3 1/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 4.
The 1 3/4-mile Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) came down to just a head when distance-loving Eagle Poise outfought Harrods Creek in deep stretch to capture the $150,388 event on Woodbine's closing day Dec. 4.
Jockey Jorge Chavez was transported to North Shore University Hospital in stable condition after he was unseated in the nightcap at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 4, the track reported.
Dual grade I winner Weemissfrankie, third in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) one month ago, will start in the $250,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Dec. 10, trainer Peter Eurton said Dec. 4.
National handle on Thoroughbred racing continued to decline in November, though the dip is not nearly as pronounced as it was a year ago at this time.
Favored Transcend successfully defended his title in the $3.4 million Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 4, winning a showdown with 2009 victor Espoir City at Hanshin Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady