Aiming for her fourth grade I victory, Turbulent Descent will start as the heavy favorite against eight opponents in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 31.
Going against a request from Thoroughbred horsemen, Gulfstream Park has scheduled a Quarter Horse event to open its Dec. 31 program, the first such race in the history of the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track.
As he signed autographs on his return to the jockeys' room after winning his 1,000th race in the United States at Tampa Bay Downs Dec. 28, Leandro Goncalves' wide smile masked his emotions.
Clovelly Farms near Lexington has been purchased by Richard and Sue Masson's Golden Age Farm and will continue to be operated as a Thoroughbred facility, according to an announcement by Biederman Real Estate.
Grade I winner Capt. Candyman Can, sidelined since June, returns to action in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) as Gulfstream Park rings out the year Dec. 31.
Turf writers Claire Novak and Jennie Reese won Media Eclipse Awards for 2011, it was announced Dec. 28 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers And Broadcasters.
As a result of the success of its Dec. 26 race card, Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino has received permission from regulators to change its schedule and have live racing Jan. 2
Jockeys Ramon Dominguez and Maylan Studart will be among the Metro New York athletes participating on the Muscular Dystrophy Association's 2012 Muscle Team for the 15th Annual Muscle Team Gala & Benefit Auction.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues