A crowd of 44,579 thronged to Santa Anita for its opening-day card Dec. 26, the largest since 1994.
Graded stakes winner Chocolate Candy, who was retired from racing this fall to stand at Bar None Ranches near Dewinton, Alberta, Canada, died of complications following a paddock accident at the farm.
Under a heady ride from Mike Smith, Mr. Commons split horses in the stretch and drew off to a convincing 3 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Dec. 26 opening day card at Santa Anita.
Fog City Stable and George Bolton's The Factor zipped to a decisive victory in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) before a crowd of 44,579 on the Dec. 26 opening day card at Santa Anita.
Grade I winner Bandini has been purchased to stand at a new farm owned by Shawahed Corp. near Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.
Hawthorne Race Course will offer bonus money for larger fields during its spring meet, track officials announced Dec. 26.
When a horse owner sits down with his or her veterinarian to look at a radiograph of a horse's laminitis-plagued foot, the last thing that owner wants to see is rotation of the coffin bone in the hoof capsule. Fortunately, in these cases farriers and veterinarians can try to minimize structural damage to the hoof by designing support systems that aim ...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A Travers Day Christmas Present