Liaison, whose sire Indian Charlie was euthanized two days earlier, outlasted his rivals in a calvary charge to win the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Dec. 17.
Million-dollar earner Chamberlain Bridge snapped a six-race losing streak Dec. 17 when he led throughout to capture the Bonapaw Stakes at Fair Grounds, one of three $75,000 stakes races on the New Orleans program.
Undefeated Trickmeister, making his first start in nearly 16 months, showed little rust Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park, winning the $60,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for his fifth consecutive triumph.
Sheldon Russell and Dane Kobiskie wrapped up year-end titles in the jockey and trainer divisions, respectively at the major Maryland tracks after the Dec. 17 final card of the season at Laurel Park.
James A. Riccio's New York shipper King and Crusader made a winning trip to Laurel Park when he scored a 16-1 upset in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship Dec. 17.
The Maryland Jockey Club and Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association reached an agreement in principal Dec. 17 to race up to 146 days at Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course in 2012.
Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning rider Calvin Borel will make Gulfstream Park his home base for the 2011-2012 meet, according to his agent Jerry Hissam.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return