Sumora tops the second day of the Tattersalle December Mare Sale, which saw 160 lots sell for 25,258,800 guineas.
Laurel Park officials decided Nov. 29 not to use the turf course for the remainder of the year. Heavy rains in the Baltimore-Washington D.C. region forced races off the grass four times last week.
Concept isn't new...but worth revisiting... read blog
How would you rank the 25 most intriguing horses and people in racing for 2011? Rank Them!
There is an impressive list of older horses returning next year. read blog
Attorney and retired U.S. Army Brigadier General Phil Hanrahan has been named chief executive officer of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Grade I winner Millennium Wind has been moved to Little Kentucky near Waddell, Ariz.
Team Valor International has announced it will institute an annual Turf writing contest in honor of the late Stan Bergstein that will award $25,000 to the winner.
General Quarters, a grade I winner who gave his septuagenarian owner Tom McCarthy the thrill of a lifetime when contesting the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
TrackMaster has launched the TrackMaster Pocket Handicapper app for iPhones and for smartphones running the Android operating system.
For Chanteclair Farm president Ron Wallace, the stars aligned during the first week of November to create the perfect storm... read blog
A new direction in equine regulatory law or an aberration by an activist court?...by Bob Heleringer read blog
Columbus, Ohio Common Pleas Court judge Timothy Horton set Sept. 9, 2012, as the deadline for the state to file and answer a suit filed by the Ohio Roundtable over racetrack video lottery terminals.
See races from around the world from Thanksgiving weekend 2011. view slideshow
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile