Rapid Redux wins his 20th consecutive race Nov. 21 under the lights at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort.
Mambo Meister, who got upended two races back in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, will try for his third stakes win this year at Calder Race Course when he takes on seven rivals in the Fred W. Hooper Handicap.
The yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale established a record for its median price of 20,500 guineas ($34,007 in U.S. funds) Nov. 21 in England. The figure increased 127.8% from a year ago.
Robert Cole Jr.'s Rapid Redux will face four foes in his bid the evening of Nov. 21 to set the all-time modern North American record for consecutive victories. The gelding was pre-entered for the Dec. 3 Claiming Crown.
Chad Schumer's Schumer Bloodstock has purchased four North American stallions/stallion prospects for export to Saudi Arabia.
Magic Cat, a stakes-placed son of Storm Cat who has sired 18 stakes horses, will stand in 2012 for $1,000 at Dennis Strohkirch's Benz Lake Farm near Stillwater, Minn.
Royal Delta isn't as competitive as her mother, but has more natural ability read blog
Old Friends, a non-profit Thoroughbred retirement facility, has received a second $50,000 grant from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Musket Man, who placed in the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at Michele Rodriguez's Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work