Rapid Redux wins his 20th consecutive race Nov. 21 under the lights at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort.
Mambo Meister, who got upended two races back in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, will try for his third stakes win this year at Calder Race Course when he takes on seven rivals in the Fred W. Hooper Handicap.
The yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale established a record for its median price of 20,500 guineas ($34,007 in U.S. funds) Nov. 21 in England. The figure increased 127.8% from a year ago.
Robert Cole Jr.'s Rapid Redux will face four foes in his bid the evening of Nov. 21 to set the all-time modern North American record for consecutive victories. The gelding was pre-entered for the Dec. 3 Claiming Crown.
Chad Schumer's Schumer Bloodstock has purchased four North American stallions/stallion prospects for export to Saudi Arabia.
Magic Cat, a stakes-placed son of Storm Cat who has sired 18 stakes horses, will stand in 2012 for $1,000 at Dennis Strohkirch's Benz Lake Farm near Stillwater, Minn.
Royal Delta isn't as competitive as her mother, but has more natural ability read blog
Old Friends, a non-profit Thoroughbred retirement facility, has received a second $50,000 grant from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Musket Man, who placed in the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at Michele Rodriguez's Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies