The strong pace continued into the fifth day of selling at Keeneland's November breeding stock sale, resulting in solid gains and the sale of a weanling filly by Quiet American for $510,000.
More Than Ready, sire of Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) winner Regally Ready, will stand in 2012 for $60,000, up from $40,000 in 2010.
WinStar Farm announced 2012 fees for its expanded roster of stallions, led by North America's leading sire Distorted Humor, who will stand for $100,000 (stands and nurses) and will breed an exclusive book of 100 mares.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Nov. 11 it will be the exclusive host for the Jan. 28 Florida Sunshine Millions Day.
Gainesway Farm announces their stud fees for 2012; leading sire Tapit, sire of Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Hansen to stand for $125,000.
Grade I winners Uncle Mo and Cape Blanco, both newcomer stallions at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., will stand for $35,000 and $17,500, respectively in 2012.
J P's Gusto, a grade I-winning juvenile and successful 3-year-old sprinter, has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 395 lots for its Midlantic winter mixed sale. The number is up 13.2% from last year's total of 349.
Legislation authorizing slot machines at racetracks has stalled again as the Illinois General Assembly extended its fall session until after Thanksgiving.
A Kentucky Horse Racing Commission committee will hold what could be a six- to seven-hour meeting on race-day medication Nov. 14 in Frankfort, the state capital.
Hamilton Downs Horsetrack in Jasper has asked the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering for permission to use its Quarter Horse racing permit to hold pari-mutuel barrel racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts