Apprentice jockey Jose Alvarez led all riders at the recently concluded 2010-11 Calder Casino & Race Course Tropical meet with 43 winners, besting runner-up Manoel Cruz by three.
Walt Robertson's retirement from the Thoroughbred auction business didn't last long. He'll go back to work Jan. 5 at Keeneland after leaving its biggest rival, Fasig-Tipton, in November.
Canadian jockey Robert Landry, whose 2,045 career wins included the 2004 Queen's Plate with Niigon, has announced his retirement.
Two barns remained under quarantine Jan. 4 at Beulah Park in Ohio as state veterinary officials continue to investigate possible equine herpesvirus.
A group of investors have sued IEAH investor James Tagliaferri, alleging the money manager defrauded them.
The Kentucky Derby favorite is living the good life at Palm Meadows. Read Blog
You can determine the post-career fate of a horse from day one of his racing career. Read Blog
Now is the time to take a serious look at reducing the racing calendar. Read Blog
See the races from the first weekend of 2011. View Slideshow
The Jockey Club has reduced the price of microchips for sale to owners and breeders by 50%, from $20 to $10 per chip.
Two Ohio men are facing multiple charges after allegedly engaging in a shooting spree that left one horse dead.
Law enforcement authorities in Spartanburg County, S.C., are seeking whoever is responsible for shooting a Tennessee Walking Horse residing in a pasture in Inman.
Some say the incidence of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM) is increasing, while others say it's decreasing. Who's right? At the 2010 American Association of Equine Practitioners convention, held Dec. 4-8 in Baltimore, Md., one presenter sought to answer that question. Frank Andrews, DVM, MS, Dipl. ACVIM, director of the Louisiana State Uni...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Chanceland Farm Take Top Awards at MHBA Yearling Show
- XBTV Earns Two Telly Awards for its Coverage of Pegasus
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby