A Tapit colt produced from the stakes-winning mare Victory Road was purchased by Ron Winchell for $450,000 to top the Sept. 20 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Buyers and consignors discuss the market and the new format.
Lookin At Lucky worked six furlongs in 1:11 1/5 at Hollywood for the Indiana Derby
Keep an eye on two juveniles and an older horse heading for the Breeders' Cup.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The Jockey Club has reported that 3,130 stallions covered 49,404 mares in North America during 2009.
Niigon, a millionaire and Canadian classic winner, came through with his first winner when his son Ojibway Signal scored Sept. 19 at Woodbine.
Patricia Generazio's Presious Passion, second in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita last year, has been entered on the Sept. 22 card at Delaware Park.
California grade II winner Pretty Unusual died because of complications from emergency surgery Sept. 19.
An executive with Oaklawn Park has recommended that the lines of communication between horsemen and upper management be improved at Prairie Meadows.
The Churchill Downs outrider who accompanied Super Saver into the winner's circle following his win in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) died Sept. 18.
Every year, the Keeneland September yearling sale is saturated with foreign buyers wishing to add some prominent North American bloodlines to their respective racing industries, and this year's auction has been no exception.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has cataloged 677 horses for its fall mixed sale, which will be held Oct. 19-20 in Central Florida.
Jack Kelly, an Equibase chart caller and field supervisor, died Sept. 20 at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City after a lengthy illness. He was 61.
Commentary on the absent Kentucky Cup program, reflecting on the Woodbine Turf races from the weekend and more. Presented by Taylor Made Stallions.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile