During the seventh session of Keeneland's Sept. yearling sale, prices were stronger than the corresponding session of 2009
Part 3 of my Secretariat trilogy is a review of the long-awaited film that opens nationwide on Oct. 8. Read Blog
Strike the Bell surprised favored Quiet Meadow when she rallied from last to first to win the $100,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) for her first added-money score Sept. 19 on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Multiple grade I winner Court Vision, overlooked at odds of 7-1, soared past The Usual Q. T. in deep stretch to capture the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) at the Toronto track Sept. 19.
Juddmonte Farm's Redwood, making his North American debut, exploited an open rail to sweep past pacesetter Fifty Proof and win the Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Sept. 19.
Repole Stable's 2-year-old sensation Uncle Mo, a 14 1/4-length maiden winner on Aug. 28, headlined a gaggle of Todd Pletcher trainees on the Belmont Park work tab Sept. 19.
Miss Keller burst between horses in upper stretch and outfought Latin Love to the wire to win the $291,268 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf Sept. 19.
Derwin's Star seized the lead on the turn for home and cruised to her first stakes victory by 4 3/4 lengths in the $400,000 Charles Town Oaks Sept. 18 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Iconic Noble Threewitt, who trained horses for 75 years and was a venerated backstretch presence in California, has died at the age of 99, his grandson confirmed Sept. 18.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky