Violon Sacre overcame some traffic issues to register his second win in four North American starts this year, capturing the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup at Parx Racing at Philadelphia Park Sept. 18.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
Check the Label, under a patient ride from Ramon Dominguez, came from off the pace and pulled away in the stretch to win the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 18 at Belmont Park for her fourth straight victory.
New Normal punched her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) in November with a wire-to-wire score in the $195,084 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has added a pair of grade I winners to its 2011 stallion roster
Undefeated Zenyatta prepared for her next start, the Lady's Secret Stakes, with a six-furlong work at Hollywood Park Sept. 18.
Galikova has a little way to go yet before she can be compared to her illustrious big sister Goldikova, but she started off in the right direction by winning her racecourse debut Sept. 18 at Longchamp.
Gulfstream Park could have some important political support in its goal to change a state law that prohibits Thoroughbred racing after 7 p.m. if there are benefits for other pari-mutuel sports.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull