Violon Sacre overcame some traffic issues to register his second win in four North American starts this year, capturing the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup at Parx Racing at Philadelphia Park Sept. 18.
Slight favorite Pluck used a powerful stretch kick to run down the field in the $243,176 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine, earning a spot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) this fall.
Check the Label, under a patient ride from Ramon Dominguez, came from off the pace and pulled away in the stretch to win the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 18 at Belmont Park for her fourth straight victory.
New Normal punched her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) in November with a wire-to-wire score in the $195,084 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm has added a pair of grade I winners to its 2011 stallion roster
Undefeated Zenyatta prepared for her next start, the Lady's Secret Stakes, with a six-furlong work at Hollywood Park Sept. 18.
Galikova has a little way to go yet before she can be compared to her illustrious big sister Goldikova, but she started off in the right direction by winning her racecourse debut Sept. 18 at Longchamp.
Gulfstream Park could have some important political support in its goal to change a state law that prohibits Thoroughbred racing after 7 p.m. if there are benefits for other pari-mutuel sports.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana