The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
There are some popular names in the bloodlines of a number of the yearlings being sold at the most recent Keeneland September Yearling sale. I have been fortunate to photograph a number of them over the years. Read Blog
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
Alex's Pal has moved to Dr. William J. Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa., for the 2011 breeding season.
The Texas Racing Commission has approved a 2011 racing calendar that includes more than a three-month gap during which Texas horsemen will need to ship their horses outside state lines if they want to run.
Trainer Al Stall Jr. said Whitney Handicap (gr. I) winner Blame would arrive at Belmont Park on Sept. 30 in advance of his expected next start in the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I).
Retired trainer Hal Wiggins will serve as the honorary chairperson for Blue Grass Farms Charities' annual fundraiser at Fasig-Tipton Co. in Lexington on Oct. 22.
Japanese star Espoir City could add intrigue to the Breeders' Cup Classic. Read Blog
Former trainer Dennis Brida and Thoroughbred owner Carol Nyren have been appointed to the board of directors of Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky.
Lookin At Lucky will run in the Oct. 2 Indiana Derby if he works well next week
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends