A Giant's Causeway colt sold for $950,000 to owner Kaleem Shah. The colt was consigned by Lane's End Farm as agent.
Shadwell Farm purchases the colt out of Private Status.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas purchases colt by Distorted Humor out of Half Queen.
Demi O'Byrne, agent for Coolmore Stud, purchases an A.P. Indy colt for $600,000. The yearling was consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, as agent.
Mill Ridge Sales, agent for John and Jerry Amerman, sold the first foal out of Balance by A.P. Indy to Besilu Stables for $4.2 million.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve Haskin offers a different look at Big Red Read Blog
Hal Wiggins, former trainer of champion Rachel Alexandra, is enjoying his first year of purchasing horses for the clients of Legacy Bloodstock.
Midday punched her ticket to Churchill Downs for a defense of her title in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) with a decisive victory in the Qatar Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 12.
Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm near Paris, Ky., has enjoyed a string of successes that could not have been more perfectly timed.
Closing Argument, a graded stakes winner and highly ranked on the second-crop sire's list, will stand in 2011 at Ro Parra's Millennium Farms near Lexington
John Kluge, who owned Morven Stud Farm in Virginia and once was listed as the richest person in the United States, died Sept. 7 at his Charlottesville, Va., home.
Here is a list of horses that consignors and buyers believe could bring expensive prices during the Sept. 13 second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington.
Greinton, a leading West Coast runner in the mid-1980s, has died in Germany.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus