Favored Champ Pegasus took full advantage of a ground-saving ride from leading jockey Joel Rosario to win the $200,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 29.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano was released from Scripps-La Jolla Hospital after suffering only bumps and bruises when he was dislodged from his mount early in the third race at Del Mar Aug. 29.
Just Jenda went out a winner when she overtook odds-on favorite Malibu Prayer in upper stretch and rolled to an easy 3 1/2-length victory in the $294,000 Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 29.
Persistently lived up to her name when she wore down reigning Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra in the $300,000 Personal Ensign Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 29.
Kentucky Derby Presented By! Yum Brands (gr. I) winner was 10th in the Travers (gr. I).
Smokey Fire wore down stablemate Jungle Wave and pacesetter Fatal Bullet in the long Woodbine stretch to give trainer Sid Attard the first two finishers in the $213,628 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) Aug. 29.
He set the pace in the "Midsummer Derby" before finishing seventh.
Afleet Express comes out of the "Midsummer Derby" in good shape, according to trainer Jimmy Jerkens.
The attendance increased 33.7% from a year ago to 45,764.
Misty For Me took the lead at the start and never looked back, rolling to an easy one-length victory in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 29.
Grade I winner Artie Schiller came through with his first winner when his daughter Anne's Beauty won Aug. 27 at Woodbine.
Speed was the key for handicappers, but fans have their own ways of picking winners. Read Blog
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier