Stonestreet Stables' Kantharos, who turned in the summer's most impressive juvenile stakes performance last out, returns to face four rivals in the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 16 at Saratoga.
Interactif, runner-up in stakes company three times this season, finally broke through as a 3-year-old when barely holding off Grand Rapport to win the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) Aug. 13.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has a new member and four reappointed members. Gov. Steve Beshear announced the moves Aug. 13.
Travers (gr. I) hopeful Friend Or Foe had his first work since a fourth-place finish in the Jim Dandy (gr. II), covering five furlongs on the Saratoga main track in 1:00.11 Aug. 13.
Thoroughbred owners and breeders who use The Jockey Club's Interactive Registration service can now access two of the most popular features -- the Online Names Book and the list of recently released names.
Jockey Randy Romero and three horses -- Azeri, Best Pal, and Point Given -- were among the class of 2010 inducted into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame Aug. 13 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- By Vic Zast
Saratoga has become a place of great deals for horse people and museum-goers. Read Blog
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam