Sea The Stars covers 140 mares in Ireland in first season.
The Oak Tree Racing Association will be allowed to use Santa Anita Park for its autumn racing meeting after Frank Stronach relented at the conclusion of a long California Horse Racing Board meeting June 22 at Hollywood Park.
Fox Hill Farm's Winslow Homer is an unexpected headliner in a field of six in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26 at Prairie Meadows.
Jason Shandler feels the muddled Sprint division is looking for a leader. Read Blog
Evan Hammonds explains how the revenue from casino gaming is causing the biggest shift in the Thoroughbred population. Read Blog
The fact we haven't had a Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978 does not suggest the event is in need of a major overhaul. Read Blog
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America is now seeking nominations for the 2010 White Horse Award.
The number of states that permit racino gaming has grown from one in 1990 to 15 in 2010. Read Blog
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission will begin testing Thoroughbred race horses for total carbon dioxide, or TCO2, after approving a policy to conduct the testing at its June 17 meeting.
Mine that Bird, the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner, continued to work toward his first start of the year by breezing six furlongs in 1:13 at Churchill Downs June 22
- By Esther Marr
William S. Farish, who has served as vice chairman of The Jockey Club since 1983, is stepping down from that position and will be succeeded by Stuart Janney III, effective immediately.
Line of David, who won this year's Arkansas Derby (gr. I), has been retired from racing. He has been purchased by B. Wayne Hughes, who plans to stand the son of Lion Heart at his Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill