Bayou Hebert, who stood his entire career at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La., was euthanized June 16 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, now in its fifth year, adopted a multi-faceted strategic plan June 21 designed to continue advocacy and education programs but move the organization to the next level.
Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year fresh off a grade II romp a week earlier, breezed a half-mile in :51 1/5 at Churchill Downs on June 21, as the weather felt like it was the first full day of summer.
Although there were no grade I races in the this past weekend, we did kick off the second season for 3-year-olds in rousing fashion and caught an early glimpse of the possible European challengers for the Breeders' Cup.
Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps