Robert Clay, who operates Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., has resigned as a director of PNC Financial and it subsidiary PNC Bank after serving more than 22 years.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced June 14 that Susan Packard has retired from its board of directors effective June 30. The CDI board has unanimously adopted a resolution to concurrently reduce the number of directors to 12.
Stakes winner Lucky Pulpit sired his first winner when his son Luckarack won at Golden Gate Fields June 10.
Line of Departure, by A.P. Indy, came through with his first winner when his son Molinaro Handsome scored by 5 3/4 lengths at Woodbine.
The first winner for stakes winner Mr. Trieste won at SunRay Park June 13.
Tom LaMarra takes another look at some things in horse racing that fail to add up. Read Blog
In the latest management change at Gulfstream Park, media relations executive Caton Bredar and marketing executive Mike Cronin are no longer at the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track effective June 10.
First-crop filly Candi's Kitten, by graded stakes winner Osidy, scored by 6 1/4 lengths at Evangeline Downs June 11 in her second start.
Graded stakes winner Forest Grove was represented by his first winner when his daughter Miss Layla won at Woodbine June 11 in her initial race.
A tentative deal among state senators has ended talk of a shutdown of the New York state government, keeping racetracks from having to suspend their operations.
When Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and representatives of Breeders' Cup and Churchill Downs announced the track was selected to host the World Championships in 2011, the lawmaker who pushed for tax breaks wasn't on hand.
Steeplechase racing returns to central Pennsylvania on Friday night, June 18, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start