By selecting Churchill Downs to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships for two years in a row (2010-11) the Breeders' Cup is sending a message it is unlikely the annual event will return to smaller venues.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear makes announcement at Churchill Downs that the 2011 Breeders' Cup will be run under the Twin Spires for the first time in consecutive years.
Kip Deville's long battle with laminitis ended June 11 when the 7-year-old was euthanized at Rood & Riddle.
Brittlyn Stable's homebred Star Guitar was honored by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association as the 2009 Horse of the Year at its annual meeting June 5 at Fair Grounds.
Godolphin is gearing up for another busy summer with multiple grade I winner Vineyard Haven, Top Flight (gr. I) winner Sara Louise, and Louisiana Super Derby (gr. II) winner Regal Ransom, among others.
Undefeated Embur's Song heads a field of eight for $500,000 Woodbine Oaks, presented by Budweiser, the most prestigious race in the country for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Esther Marr visits with Summer Bird at Paul's Mill. Read Blog
Millionaire Fabulous Strike recently underwent stem cell treatment at New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., in an effort to get him back to the racetrack later this summer.
Buyers should get veterinarians to look at the reports in the repository instead of just asking consignors to see the information in the reports.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star