By selecting Churchill Downs to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships for two years in a row (2010-11) the Breeders' Cup is sending a message it is unlikely the annual event will return to smaller venues.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear makes announcement at Churchill Downs that the 2011 Breeders' Cup will be run under the Twin Spires for the first time in consecutive years.
Kip Deville's long battle with laminitis ended June 11 when the 7-year-old was euthanized at Rood & Riddle.
Brittlyn Stable's homebred Star Guitar was honored by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association as the 2009 Horse of the Year at its annual meeting June 5 at Fair Grounds.
Godolphin is gearing up for another busy summer with multiple grade I winner Vineyard Haven, Top Flight (gr. I) winner Sara Louise, and Louisiana Super Derby (gr. II) winner Regal Ransom, among others.
Undefeated Embur's Song heads a field of eight for $500,000 Woodbine Oaks, presented by Budweiser, the most prestigious race in the country for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Esther Marr visits with Summer Bird at Paul's Mill. Read Blog
Millionaire Fabulous Strike recently underwent stem cell treatment at New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., in an effort to get him back to the racetrack later this summer.
Buyers should get veterinarians to look at the reports in the repository instead of just asking consignors to see the information in the reports.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer