Schoolyard Dreams and Uptowncharlybrown turned in strong works at Tampa Bay Downs March 7 while preparing for the $300,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III).
Trainer Jena Antonucci saddled her first career winner, Irish Wildcat, in the 11th race at Tampa Bay Downs March 7.
Trainer Bob Baffert has Lookin At Lucky penciled in for the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park March 13 for the colt's 3-year-old debut. But he left the door slightly ajar for the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) the same day.
HRTV will present a special one-hour live show March 13 featuring the seasonal debuts of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra and unbeaten Breeders' Cup Classic winner Zenyatta.
Fox Hill Farm's Old Fashioned has been confirmed to have his first two mares in foal from his debut book at stud. They are graded stakes producer Rare Bird and Destiny's Yield.
Todd Pletcher's powerful stable of 3-year-old stars were prominent on the work tab March 6 in South Florida and the trainer set a temporary schedule for many of them.
Fountain of Youth (gr. II) winner Eskendereya was the individual favorite, but the "All Others" bet remained the overall future wagering choice after Day 2 of Pool 2 in the Kentucky Derby Future Wager.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Eric J. Guillot
Owner: Southern Equine Stable LLC
Jockey: Cornelio H. Velasquez