An eventful weekend of racing ended with some new Kentucky Derby contenders and Apple Blossom disappoinment... Read Blog
Exchange Rate colt stops the clock in :21 March 14 in Central Florida in second of two under tack shows.
Jockey agent Vic Stauffer, fired by jockey Joel Rosario March 10, has taken the book of Tyler Baze, whose business was surrendered by agent Ron Ebanks that day when he began representing Rosario.
Lukewarm favorite Warbling scored the first stakes win of her career March 14 when she went gate to wire for jockey Julien Leparoux in the $200,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Zayat Stable's 3-year-old Eskendereya led a host of potential Florida Derby (gr. I) contestants when he worked an easy five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 March 14 at Palm Meadows.
Halo's Image, Florida's leading sire in 2004 and 2006, died after suffering an apparent heart attack while covering a mare March 12 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Padua Stables' Odysseus, who looked like a beaten horse turning for home in the Tampa Bay Derby, re-rallied during an incredible stretch run and nosed Schoolyard Dreams in the final jump. View Profile
Buddy's Saint, winner of the Remsen (gr. II) and Nashua (gr. II) stakes, is off the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trail after suffering an ankle chip at Gulfstream Park March 14, trainer Bruce Levine told The Blood-Horse.
A new app for your PC from Amazon.com allows you to read Kindle electronic books on your personal computer. TheHorse.com's sister book publishing arm (Eclipse Press) has a long list of equine-related titles that can be purchased and read for fun or business.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut