The Roman Ruler colt is scheduled to run in the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II).
Jockey Alex Solis kept the late-running Striking Dancer clear of traffic and the daughter of Smart Strike did the rest, causing a 13-1 upset in the $150,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita on Valentine's Day.
In the Rough used a rail-skimming ride from Joe Bravo to register her first stakes win in the $125,000 Coconut Grove over the Gulfstream Park turf Feb. 14.
The select auction is scheduled for Feb. 16 in Central Florida.
Bialy is first horse to carry the club's silver and teal colors.
Bob Black Jack, sidelined since winning the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in December 2008, worked six furlongs Feb. 14 in 1:11.40 as he prepares for the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs Feb. 20.
It could be Santa Anita's version of David versus Goliath come March 13. That's when undefeated Caracortado could face Kentucky Derby Future Book individual favorite Lookin At Lucky in the $150,000 San Felipe Stakes.
Kingfield Stable runner is scheduled to make his 2010 debut in the Fountain of Youth (gr. II).
Best-selling British thriller writer and steeplechase jockey great Dick Francis died in his home in the Cayman Islands Feb. 14, the Associated Press reported. He was 89.
The "speed gene" identified by Irish researchers should not be seen as detrimental to Thoroughbred breeding. It should be seen as one more tool in the arsenal for the producers of top-quality horses. Read Blog
Jason Shandler thinks a few horses worth playing before Pool 1 closes. Read Blog
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race