Remembering the people and horses that left us in 2010. View Slideshow
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Credits Competitive Racing To Purse Increase.
Green Hills Farm's Chilean-bred Casablanca Smile will be among the favorites in a field of 11 fillies and mares set to launch their 2011 seasons in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 2 at Calder.
Calumet Farm, so much a part of the top-tiered landscape of Kentucky breeding and racing for decades, returned to the spotlight in a big way when 3-year-old Switch won the $150,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I).
Quarantine measures have been implemented at Beulah Park in Ohio with horses being tested for possible equine herpesvirus.
Imagine you're standing in the loft of your barn, lamenting the dwindling supply of hay. Snow and ice storms have made the trek to the regional hay sale nearly impossible. On the first clear sale day, you hook the fifth wheel to the truck and head off to the auction, hoping to bag a load of good-quality forage. When you arrive, however, there's no...
The Equine Land Conservation Resource (ELCR) has made strategic moves to strengthen the organization and its leadership team through the addition of two individuals to the board of directors, Ken Haddad of Florida and Susan Harding of Maryland, and one addition to the advisory council, Kentucky's first lady Jane K. Beshear.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) has released its second annual “Humane State Ranking,” a comprehensive report rating all 50 states on a wide range of animal protection laws dealing with horses, pets, animal cruelty and fighting, farm animals, wildlife, and animals in research. Last year, California topped the list, followed...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial