Turfway Park was forced to cancel the last five races on Friday's card, Dec. 17, when a transformer blew just after the gates opened for the seventh race.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Multiple grade II winner Eaton's Gift has been retired from racing and will stand for $3,000 at Swifty Farms in Indiana it was announced Dec. 17.
Racetracks and OTB corporations in New York are circulating a draft agreement to permit live video streaming of races over the Internet -- a move supporters said could help pick up some business.
The Dec. 18 Prairie Bayou Stakes at Turfway Park says a couple of things about the state of Kentucky racing: Purses aren't up to par, and $50,000 can still buy you a pretty good field.
Horses with equine metabolic syndrome (EMS) are at a higher risk for laminitis than the average horse, but veterinarians are learning more about diagnosing EMS early and minimizing its effects, including laminitis. At the Sept. 17-18 Laminitis West Conference in Monterey, Calif., Thomas J. Divers, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ACVECC, professor and Chief of Lar...
The concept of a balanced foot can be subjective, but farriers are now using technological advances to take some of the guesswork out of the process. Patrick T. Reilly, chief of farrier services at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, discussed evaluating hoof balance with in-shoe force measurements.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan