Turfway Park was forced to cancel the last five races on Friday's card, Dec. 17, when a transformer blew just after the gates opened for the seventh race.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Multiple grade II winner Eaton's Gift has been retired from racing and will stand for $3,000 at Swifty Farms in Indiana it was announced Dec. 17.
Racetracks and OTB corporations in New York are circulating a draft agreement to permit live video streaming of races over the Internet -- a move supporters said could help pick up some business.
The Dec. 18 Prairie Bayou Stakes at Turfway Park says a couple of things about the state of Kentucky racing: Purses aren't up to par, and $50,000 can still buy you a pretty good field.
Horses with equine metabolic syndrome (EMS) are at a higher risk for laminitis than the average horse, but veterinarians are learning more about diagnosing EMS early and minimizing its effects, including laminitis. At the Sept. 17-18 Laminitis West Conference in Monterey, Calif., Thomas J. Divers, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ACVECC, professor and Chief of Lar...
The concept of a balanced foot can be subjective, but farriers are now using technological advances to take some of the guesswork out of the process. Patrick T. Reilly, chief of farrier services at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, discussed evaluating hoof balance with in-shoe force measurements.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup