Turfway Park was forced to cancel the last five races on Friday's card, Dec. 17, when a transformer blew just after the gates opened for the seventh race.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Multiple grade II winner Eaton's Gift has been retired from racing and will stand for $3,000 at Swifty Farms in Indiana it was announced Dec. 17.
Racetracks and OTB corporations in New York are circulating a draft agreement to permit live video streaming of races over the Internet -- a move supporters said could help pick up some business.
The Dec. 18 Prairie Bayou Stakes at Turfway Park says a couple of things about the state of Kentucky racing: Purses aren't up to par, and $50,000 can still buy you a pretty good field.
Horses with equine metabolic syndrome (EMS) are at a higher risk for laminitis than the average horse, but veterinarians are learning more about diagnosing EMS early and minimizing its effects, including laminitis. At the Sept. 17-18 Laminitis West Conference in Monterey, Calif., Thomas J. Divers, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ACVECC, professor and Chief of Lar...
The concept of a balanced foot can be subjective, but farriers are now using technological advances to take some of the guesswork out of the process. Patrick T. Reilly, chief of farrier services at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, discussed evaluating hoof balance with in-shoe force measurements.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine
- Baffert Forever Linked to Unbridled's Song
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score