Comma to the Top seeks to punctuate a banner Autumn Meet by turning a question mark into an exclamation point with a victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) Dec. 18 at Hollywood Park.
Vincent Timphony, who saddled Wild Again to an upset victory in the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Hollywood Park in 1984, is in grave condition at Arcadia Methodist Hospital, his ex-wife Scarlet confirmed.
Unable to convince the Thoroughbred Owners of California to consider unifying with its organization, trainers in the state are pursuing plans to form a new representative group.
A shoe worn by Secretariat during his victory in the Sept. 16, 1972 Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park is being auctioned on eBay to benefit the Secretariat Foundation.
Grant Jack, with leading rider Cliff Berry aboard, produced a 14-1 upset in the $250,000 Springboard Mile Stakes on closing night of the 2010 season at Remington Park.
Snow Fairy cemented her status as the finest 3-year-old filly in the world when she rallied from far back to nab Irian in the final 50 yards to win the HK$20 million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Dec. 12.
The New York Racing Association board of directors awarded raises to several hundred non-union employees -- a day after threatening bankruptcy if a controversial bill involving New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.
Common name: Bush (Amur) honeysuckle Scientific name: Lonicera maackii (Rupr.) Herder
Horse Aid Live (HAL) and Equine Health and Welfare Alliance (EHWA) have formed a partnership to offer more resources for aiding the unwanted, homeless, and at-risk horse populations.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short