The owners of Laurel Park and Pimlico intend to submit a plan to the Maryland Racing Commission to conduct 77 days of live racing during the first half of the 2011 season.
- By Esther Marr
Beyond the Blinkers tells more about the story of the white Thoroughbred going to Hollywood. Read Blog
In addition to the full-card simulcasting that will be offered at Belmont Park's Belmont Cafe starting Dec. 12, Aqueduct Racetrack will be open for dark day simulcasting on Mondays and Tuesdays, beginning Dec. 13.
Soon after Zenyatta's arrival at Lane's End Farm, Blood-Horse photographer Anne M. Eberhardt was able to pay a visit and capture the Queen as she walked around her new paddock for the first time. Read Blog
After winning a pair of Triple Crown races, besting this year will be quite a challenge for WinStar Farm. But if 2010 was the year of the 3-year-old for WinStar, 2011 may just be the year of the older horse.
Zenyatta's transition from superstar racehorse to broodmare is going smoothly, according to William S. Farish.
A breeding stallion in West Sussex, England, has tested positive for equine viral arteritis (EVA), according to a report filed by the British equestrian magazine Horse & Hound.
The most recent Horse Course from the University of Kentucky's Gluck Equine Research Center is now available for viewing on TheHorse.com. This presentation deals with the often unrecognized issue of agrosecurity, and how horse owners can keep their animals safe from intentional or unintentional health threats.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) has revised the Veterinarian's Oath--which all graduates of U.S. veterinary schools take--to stress the importance of animal welfare.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017