Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
After missing narrowly in her last two grade I attempts, Gypsy's Warning broke through by rallying to win the $250,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) Nov. 26 at Hollywood Park.
Giant Oak picked a good time to break his 14-race losing streak, as he was placed first in the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I) when stewards disqualified favored Successful Dan for interference Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs.
The step up in class was no problem for Mercedes Stables' homebred Spacy Tracy, as she took down grade I winner Funny Moon and defending titleholder Sara Louise in the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Aqueduct
Fantastic Pick will face four of the horses he defeated in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) last month when he goes for his first grade I victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby Nov. 28
The level of nursing care needed by ill or post-surgical horses who have returned home often falls somewhere between the capabilities of the horse owner and what is provided by a veterinarian. To fill that gap, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center, in Kennett Square, Pa., is launching an Equine Home Nursing Care...
In the not-so-distant future, researchers believe they will be able to genetically modify stem cells to create a “vaccine,” so to speak, to treat a large number of musculoskeletal and other disorders in both humans and horses. An Italian research group has made recent strides in further understanding the potential of using stem cells derived f...
From: Chapter 17: Pre-Foaling Management
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work