Gov. David Paterson outlined a proposed deal with a Wisconsin Indian tribe to build a casino in the Catskill Mountains.
Vinery, which has recently opened a breeding operation in New York, has added stallion Purge to its Empire State line-up.
The offspring of Galileo commanded the highest prices during the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 22 in England.
An informal poll conducted by the Hall Institute the week of Nov. 15 showed more than half would support installing slot machines at Meadowlands in New Jersey.
The owner of Uncle Mo, winner of the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), is donating a portion of the colt's earnings from the World Championship race to support five equine retirement organizations.
Mizzen Mast, sire of 21 stakes winners, will stand in 2011 for $12,500 at Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms near Lexington.
A panel of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission looking into possible changes in the state's breeders' incentive fund met again Nov. 22 and discussed various options but came to no solid conclusions.
ReRun's semi-annual eBay auction of "Moneighs" to raise funds to support retired Thoroughbreds awaiting adoption in its program will be held Nov. 28-Dec. 5.
The New Mexico Racing Commission approved an increase in base mount fees for jockeys starting with the opening of Sunland Park Dec. 10.
The University of Louisville, Ky., College of Business has recently undertaken a $3.38 million expansion project that will benefit the school's equine business education program. The university is in the process of constructing an addition to its current business college that will house the Equine Industry Program (EIP).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off