Nonsuch Bay, a grade I-winning mare in foal to A. P. Warrior, brought the top price of $210,000 during the Nov. 14 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale in Lexington.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Retired trainer Eric J. Longden, son of Hall of Fame jockey Johnny Longden, died Nov. 8 at his Carlsbad, Calif., home.
Longtime horseman D. Hal Griffitt died Oct. 29 after a long battle with PLS, a form of Lou Gehrig's disease.
British raider Snow Fairy, winner of the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) this summer, produced a decisive four-length win in Japan's $2.1 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 14.
Buddy's Saint, a graded stakes winner at 2 that had been nearing a return to the races, broke down in a workout on the Belmont Park main track Nov. 14 and was euthanized, according to a statement released by the NYRA.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Churchill Downs Inc. Re-joins NTRA
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66