Soul Candy made a success of his first synthetic start when he ran down favored Enriched in deep stretch to win the $150,000 California Cup Classic going away by 1 1/4 lengths Oct. 30 at Hollywood Park.
Good weather, competitive racing boost attendance and handle at Keeneland fall meet.
Grand Style, a maiden 2-year-old filly by Giant's Causeway, found a great spot to produce her first victory when she came from off the pace to win the $247,035 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 30.
Successful Dan easily rolled past pacesetter Exhi just beyond the eighth-pole and romped home for a three-length victory in the $150,000 Greenbrier Fayette (gr. II) Oct. 30 on closing day at Keeneland.
Million-dollar earner Bribon was the class play in the $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III), and the grade I winner lived up to his reputation with a stylish 1 3/4-length win Oct. 30 at Belmont Park.
Our Khrysty wore down favored Funny Moon in the final yards to score the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) by a nose Oct. 30 at Belmont Park.
In her final work before she heads to Kentucky, undefeated Zenyatta drilled a fluid six furlongs in 1:11 4/5 on morning of Oct. 30 at Hollywood Park for trainer John Shirreffs.
Todd Pletcher sent out five of his Breeders' Cup hopefuls Oct. 30 at Churchill Downs, including his Ladies' Classic (gr. I) duo of Cynthia DeBartolo's Life At Ten and Edward Evans' Malibu Prayer.
Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint contenders Silver Timber and Bridgetown turn in solid works at Keeneland Oct. 30. Silver Timber worked on the main track, while Bridgetown worked on the turf.
First Dude and Paddy O'Prado, two Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) contenders trained by Dale Romans, completed their preparations Oct. 30.
It was a brisk 34 degrees when the track opened for training at Churchill Downs Oct. 30, and there were nearly two dozen contenders for the Breeders' Cup World Championships who went through their final paces.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Alert Bay Seeks Repeat Victory in San Francisco Mile