Favored Casablanca Smile could not have had an easier setup in Keeneland's $125,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes, kicking away in the stretch for a front-running seven-length romp over a firm turf course Oct. 24.
Part of Todd Pletcher's Breeders' Cup brigade took to Belmont's training track to breeze one final time before they depart for Churchill Downs Oct. 26.
First-time starter Inglorious balked at the start but rallied from last nonetheless to capture the $146,039 Fanfreluche Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 24.
Jockey Christophe Lemaire's patience was rewarded as Gentoo shot through a small opening late in the race to claim victory in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 24.
Lightly raced Aoife Alainn came storming home late to capture the Premio Lydia Tesio (Ity-I) at Capannelle Oct. 24.
Espoir City, Japan's hope for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) to be run at Churchill Downs Nov. 6, drilled six furlongs over the Louisville track to lead a host of workouts on the morning of Oct. 23.
Multiple grade I winner Blame and his stablemate, Super Derby victor Apart, breezed together at Keeneland Oct. 24, going five furlongs in :58 4/5 as Blame prepares for the BC Classic at Churchill Downs.
In his first United States start, Denmark-based Percussionist exploded through the stretch to win the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I), featured race of the Far Hills Races Oct. 23 in New Jersey.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother