Favored Casablanca Smile could not have had an easier setup in Keeneland's $125,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes, kicking away in the stretch for a front-running seven-length romp over a firm turf course Oct. 24.
Part of Todd Pletcher's Breeders' Cup brigade took to Belmont's training track to breeze one final time before they depart for Churchill Downs Oct. 26.
First-time starter Inglorious balked at the start but rallied from last nonetheless to capture the $146,039 Fanfreluche Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 24.
Jockey Christophe Lemaire's patience was rewarded as Gentoo shot through a small opening late in the race to claim victory in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 24.
Lightly raced Aoife Alainn came storming home late to capture the Premio Lydia Tesio (Ity-I) at Capannelle Oct. 24.
Espoir City, Japan's hope for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) to be run at Churchill Downs Nov. 6, drilled six furlongs over the Louisville track to lead a host of workouts on the morning of Oct. 23.
Multiple grade I winner Blame and his stablemate, Super Derby victor Apart, breezed together at Keeneland Oct. 24, going five furlongs in :58 4/5 as Blame prepares for the BC Classic at Churchill Downs.
In his first United States start, Denmark-based Percussionist exploded through the stretch to win the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I), featured race of the Far Hills Races Oct. 23 in New Jersey.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz