Back with members of her own age group, Go Forth North found things easier in the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Oak Tree/Hollywood Park.
Calder Casino & Race Course said Oct. 16 that it has lifted racing and training restrictions on horses stabled at Racetrack Training Center.
Violon Sacre unleashed a powerful late run to win the $100,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park by a length over pacesetter Whatsthescript.
Steve Dwoskin became the first individual in Calder history to lead both the trainer and owner standings simultaneously at a single meet.
Finish Line Farms' Just a Lion gave trainer Juan Serey an extra celebration following his victory at Monmouth Park Oct. 17.
Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame, a leading contender for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs Nov. 6, worked a half-mile in :47 3/5 under Casey Chavez at Keeneland Oct. 17.
Rainbow Peak withstood the challenge of Lord Chaparral to notch his first group I victory in the Gran Premio del Jockey Club at San Siro Oct. 17.
WinStar unleashed a half brother to its Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Super Saver at Belmont Park Oct. 16, and the result proved highly promising.
The market for yearlings this year showed signs of stability after big setbacks in 2009. But was that enough to boost the demand for breeding stock?
For many years horse owners and veterinarians thought the nutrient needs of pregnant mares increased only at the end of gestation. But new research shows that pregnant mares' nutrient needs increase as early as the fifth month of gestation.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out