Quick Enough lived up to his name in the Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 11 as he gave jockey Patrick Valenzuela his first Oak Tree stakes win in nearly four years with a 1 1/2-length score in the six-furlong turf event.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale opened in England with a median price of 25,000 guineas ($41,877 in U.S. funds) that was the same as a year ago.
Mike Repole won his first graded stakes when Uncle Mo scored in the Champagne Stakes
Walt Robertson, a fixture in the auction stand at Fasig-Tipton sales for more than 30 years, will retire at the end of November.
Commentary on Uncle Mo, the Darley Alcibiades, Breeders' Futurity, Shadwell Turf Mile and more! Presented by Taylor Made Stallions. View Video
Removal of Santa Anita's synthetic surface began Oct. 11 as the first step in replacing it with a dirt surface. Track officials are close to deciding the mix of materials to be used as the surface material.
Horses are scheduled to be sold during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale and the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Roy Arnold has resigned as president of Arlington Park and its OTB affiliates, Churchill Downs Inc. announced Oct. 11.
Champion racehorse and successful sire Pleasant Tap was euthanized Oct. 8 due to laminitis at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Eugene Melnyk's homebred Marchfield, a two-time Canadian champion, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Commentary on Uncle Mo, the Darley Alcibiades, Breeders' Futurity, Shadwell Turf Mile, First Lady and Woodford Stakes.Presented by Taylor Made Stallions.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired