Dream Ahead swept to the front with a furlong to go and stormed home a decisive nine-length winner of the Shadwell Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
Southwestern Heat, a 6-year-old son of Gone West produced from the champion mare Xtra Heat, will enter stud in 2011 at A&A Ranch in Anthony, New Mexico.
Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) favorite Blame arrived in New York this afternoon without incident and is in his stall at Belmont Park, trainer Al Stall Jr. said Oct. 1.
Changes in Kentucky racing regulations that would permit horses to be entered without having their actual foal papers on file at the track have been approved by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
Keeneland officials have unveiled a traffic and parking plan for the Oct. 8-30 fall meet that includes a charge for parking in the lots that enter the Lexington track from Gate 2.
Graded stakes winner Congressionalhonor has been relocated to Dr. Joe and Teri Carter's Oklahoma Equine in Washington, Okla. for the 2011 breeding season.
Leading virtually throughout, favored Unzip Me prevailed in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on opening night of the inaugural Oak Tree at Hollywood Park meet Sept. 30.
For the second day in a row, New York's Belmont Park has cancelled live racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California