Bettors could see only Eclipse Award winner She Be Wild, but it was 9-1 shot Bickersons that destroyed the field in the $150,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 31.
Gabby's Golden Gal returned to the 3-year-old form that saw her win the Acorn Stakes (gr. I) last spring when she captured the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Jan. 31.
Larry Bortstein worked for more than 40 years as a sportswriter. For the past 17 years, he worked for the Orange County Register.
Canadian Brian Troop won the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship with the third-highest score in the tournament's history.
Todd Pletcher's all-star team was on display Sunday morning, with eight of his best colts working at Palm Meadows training center.
Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra recorded her first work since winning the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 5.
Acting Zippy dictated a slow pace for jockey Robby Albarado and had enough left to hold off Orientate Express for neck victory in the $197,000 John B. Connally Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 30.
There have been marked changes in the level of equine critical care, noted Fairfield Bain, DVM, MBA, Dipl. ACVIM, ACVP, ACVECC, at the 2009 American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) convention, held in Dec. 5-9 in Las Vegas, Nev. These changes, he said, are in large part due to improved skills, training, and experience of practitioners that faci...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa