Blocked in traffic mid-stretch, odds-on favorite Loup Breton altered course to the outside and burst home to overtake High Court Drama in the final strides to win the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
The Barretts January mixed sale, which now consists of 539 head including supplemental entries, will be held Jan. 25 and 26. The sale will take place in the Hinds Pavilion on the grounds of Fairplex Park.
Yearling sells for Aust$200,000 ($180,014 in U.S. funds).
Eclipse Award finalist Blind Luck was one of 307 recorded workouts on Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface Jan. 24.
Edward P. Evans' homebred colt Quality Road worked five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 Sunday morning for trainer Todd Pletcher as he continues preparation for his next start in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (G1) Feb. 6.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Majestic Warrior is a filly born Jan. 17.
Jockey Jamie Theriot won his 2,000th race when he guided Alaina's Aurora to victory in the thirteenth race at Fair Grounds Jan. 23.
When a racehorse is injured, one of the biggest concerns an owner has is whether or not the animal will be able to race again. The owner also wants to know if the horse will be able to perform as well as it did prior to being hurt. Travis Tull, DVM, and Hannah Wellman, BVSc, of Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky., presented studies that ad...
"Prompt and aggressive treatment of peritonitis is often essential in horses," began Olivier M. Lepage, DMV, PhD, Dipl. ECVS, from the University of Lyon in France, at the 2009 American Association of Equine Practitioners Convention, held Dec. 6-10 in Las Vegas, Nev.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies