In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
While the gross, average, and median prices continued to be well below levels of 2008, the Sept. 27 penultimate session of Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale produced the lowest buyback rate of the 13 sessions to date, as only 16.7% of the horses through the ring did not bring their reserve prices.
Monmouth Park concluded its 2009 meeting Sept. 27 showing a significant gain in average attendance, even as wagering followed what has become this year's national downward trend.
In the latest volley in the debate over legalized alternative gaming at Kentucky racetracks, Kentucky State Senate President David Williams issued the following response to a recent commentary by Lane's End Farm general manager and prominent Republican Bill Farish.
Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) is proving highly effective in preventing laminitis and reducing the severity of laminitis following colic surgery, according to Belgian researchers.
Prior to the study period, more than 10% of colic surgery patients at the Equine Clinic of the University of Liège developed laminitic pain and lameness following ...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays