In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
While the gross, average, and median prices continued to be well below levels of 2008, the Sept. 27 penultimate session of Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale produced the lowest buyback rate of the 13 sessions to date, as only 16.7% of the horses through the ring did not bring their reserve prices.
Monmouth Park concluded its 2009 meeting Sept. 27 showing a significant gain in average attendance, even as wagering followed what has become this year's national downward trend.
In the latest volley in the debate over legalized alternative gaming at Kentucky racetracks, Kentucky State Senate President David Williams issued the following response to a recent commentary by Lane's End Farm general manager and prominent Republican Bill Farish.
Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) is proving highly effective in preventing laminitis and reducing the severity of laminitis following colic surgery, according to Belgian researchers.
Prior to the study period, more than 10% of colic surgery patients at the Equine Clinic of the University of Liège developed laminitic pain and lameness following ...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill