Sent off as the 4-5 favorite among the eight 2-year-olds, Gold Mark Farm' Backtalk stumbled at the start but recovered and steadily progressed to the fore en route to a one-length victory in the $110,500 Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs July 3.
Richard Shapiro, the former head of the California Horse Racing Board, was charged with one felony count of vandalism for allegedly damaging a vehicle owned by a longtime rival, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Jealous Again, five-length winner of the group II Queen Mary Stakes at Royal Ascot, has been sold to Godolphin and will be shipped back to England over the weekend to prepare for upcoming stakes.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Double Eagle Ranch and Buena Suerte Equine's Mine That Bird remains without a confirmed rider for the West Virginia Derby (gr. II) on Aug. 1 at Mountaineer.
Fourteen sprinters get their shot at grade I glory in an unpredictable renewal of the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap at Hollywood Park July 5.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Summer Bird rolled into the Monmouth Park stable area at 5:30 the morning of July 3 and settled into his stall in Barn 3 as he prepares for his next start, the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. 1) on Sunday, Aug. 2.
Margie's Wildcat sired his first winner when his son You Take It Easy won July 2 by 5 1/4 lengths at Woodbine in his initial start.
A few years ago, a magazine article describing a minimally-invasive treatment for people with chronic sinusitis caught the eye and imagination of Chris Bell, DVM. What if such a treatment could be adapted for use in horses?
Last summer, the chance to test that theory came up for Bell when second-year veterinary student Dane Tatarniuk b...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker