The New York Racing Association has announced the appointment of Kevin Gremillion to the newly created position of operations manager at Saratoga Race Course.
A frightening spill at Delaware Park May 25 involving jockeys Gabriel Saez and Ricardo Chiappe ended well for both riders, who appear to be unharmed. One of the horses involved in the accident, however, Chanceofshowers, was catastrophically injured and had to be euthanized.
Talkin' Horses with Chip Woolley, trainer of Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird. Transcript now available!
Mr. Hot Stuff worked a bullet five furlongs over Polytrack at Keeneland Race Course on May 26 in preparation for a start in the 141st running of the 1 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 6 at Belmont Park.
Grade II winner Wimbledon was represented by his first winner when his son Fast Serve won May 24 at Lone Star Park.
The Japan Racing Horse Association has cataloged 161 yearlings and 336 foals for its July select sale. The auction will be held at the Northern Horse Park on the island of Hokkaido, with the yearlings being offered July 13 and the foals being offered July 14-15.
Grade I winner Kela was represented by his first winner when his daughter Our Tekela Rose won May 24 at Arlington Park in her initial start.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen