Thoroughbred retirement farm Old Friends holds a fundraiser at Louisville's Seelbach Hilton Feb. 28.
Statue of Liberty, a Kentucky-bred son of Storm Cat, will shuttle to Eliza Park in Kerrie, Victoria, Australia, from East Stud in Japan for the 2009 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Marion Gross, stallion manager at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, died Feb. 23 following a brief illness.
A New York state government panel said Belmont Park can support a sprawling casino, hotel, retail, and housing development to bring jobs and money to the state.
Kelly's Landing, whose career was highlighted by a victory in the 2007 Gulf News Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), ran his last race Jan. 17 and is now enjoying some rest and relaxation.
Headley Bell, managing partner at Mill Ridge Farm, announced Feb. 23 the addition of Mike Recio as sales and stallion director.
A British charity - the Royal British Legion which helps ex-armed forces personnel - would have benefited by £2,755,923 if a steeplechaser called Big Fella Thanks had won the valuable Racing Post Chase at Kempton Park, England, on Saturday, Feb. 21.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course