New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale closed out its two-day run Feb. 2 in Karaka with a gross revenue of NZ$4,498,700 (approximately $2,291,233 in U.S. funds), which was down only 11.3% from last year's total of NZ$5,073,850.
Bold Executive, Canada's leading sire, has been named top stallion awards earner under the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) Stallion Awards Program, with his eligible progeny achieving the highest earnings of all OSS registered stallions in 2008.
The American Horse Council has announced that the focus of this year's National Issues forum will be the "Welfare of the Horse."
The focus of this year's American Horse Council National Issues Forum will be the "Welfare of the Horse." The forum will be held June 16 in Washington, D.C., as part of the AHC's annual meeting.
Talkin' Horses has always offered Thoroughbred fans and professionals an opportunity to pose questions to the people who make the headlines. Guests have included owners, trainers, jockeys, industry leaders, and newsmakers from around the world of Thoroughbred breeding and racing.
Either tracks like Gulfstream and Oaklawn are getting noticeably slower or the horses are. From all indications, it is the tracks, which is fine if they keep horses sounder. (See end of text for first official Top 30)
California's leading sire in 2008, Unusual Heat made his way to the top through the efforts of Barry Abrams and Madeline Auerbach.
Jerry Lambert, who rode Native Diver to three Hollywood Gold Cup wins, now uses his skills to train horses at Magali Farm.
Appreciation for the horses and the people around them have kept trainer David Hofmans at the top of the game.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus