Animal control officials and police are currently looking for a Thoroughbred trainer they suspect has left several horses either dead or neglected in Clermont County near Cincinnati, Ohio.
Will Farish, owner of Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., will be honored with the Eclipse Award of Merit for lifetime achievement in Thoroughbred racing.
The diet you offer your gestating mare, particularly in the last trimester, can influence development of her placenta as well as the level of immunoglobulins (IgGs) in her colostrum.
Becky's Kitten, who has never before raced at 1 1/8 miles, will attempt to follow in the footsteps of his sire, Kitten's Joy, with a win in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Kip Deville, who has been battling laminitis at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, will have to pass a critical stage in the next two weeks if he is to have much chance of surviving.
William "Red" Terrill, who trained New York grade I winners Pretty Discreet and Turnback the Alarm, died the night of Dec. 27 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Eating well is not always eating safely; horse managers who ignore that lesson when feeding their animals might be creating digestive problems for their horses.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Well-Balanced Field in Dance Smartly
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Wings of Eagles Seeks English-Irish Derby Double
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate