Animal control officials and police are currently looking for a Thoroughbred trainer they suspect has left several horses either dead or neglected in Clermont County near Cincinnati, Ohio.
Will Farish, owner of Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., will be honored with the Eclipse Award of Merit for lifetime achievement in Thoroughbred racing.
The diet you offer your gestating mare, particularly in the last trimester, can influence development of her placenta as well as the level of immunoglobulins (IgGs) in her colostrum.
Becky's Kitten, who has never before raced at 1 1/8 miles, will attempt to follow in the footsteps of his sire, Kitten's Joy, with a win in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Kip Deville, who has been battling laminitis at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, will have to pass a critical stage in the next two weeks if he is to have much chance of surviving.
William "Red" Terrill, who trained New York grade I winners Pretty Discreet and Turnback the Alarm, died the night of Dec. 27 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Eating well is not always eating safely; horse managers who ignore that lesson when feeding their animals might be creating digestive problems for their horses.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup