Animal control officials and police are currently looking for a Thoroughbred trainer they suspect has left several horses either dead or neglected in Clermont County near Cincinnati, Ohio.
Will Farish, owner of Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., will be honored with the Eclipse Award of Merit for lifetime achievement in Thoroughbred racing.
The diet you offer your gestating mare, particularly in the last trimester, can influence development of her placenta as well as the level of immunoglobulins (IgGs) in her colostrum.
Becky's Kitten, who has never before raced at 1 1/8 miles, will attempt to follow in the footsteps of his sire, Kitten's Joy, with a win in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Kip Deville, who has been battling laminitis at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, will have to pass a critical stage in the next two weeks if he is to have much chance of surviving.
William "Red" Terrill, who trained New York grade I winners Pretty Discreet and Turnback the Alarm, died the night of Dec. 27 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Eating well is not always eating safely; horse managers who ignore that lesson when feeding their animals might be creating digestive problems for their horses.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely