In taking the Native Diver, Mast Track won for the first time since June 28, 2008 when he scored the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I).
The Louisiana Champions Day program at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 12 was cancelled after the eighth race due to hazardous weather, which included torrential rain and heavy winds.
Barry Schwartz's Rodman took advantage of an unexpectedly easy lead and was never seriously challenged while romping to a 5 3/4-length score in the $107,500 Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Lee Eaton, the co-breeder of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Bold Forbes, died Dec. 10 at his residence in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Eaton, 76, died of natural causes.
Lava Man has been scratched from the Native Diver Handicap due to poor weather conditions
The average price rose 27.5% from a year ago and the median price increased 33.3% during the Hong Kong International Sale.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at award-winning photographer Barbara D. Livingston as she recounts the inspiration for her latest project, Horses: In Living Color. Livingston traveled across North America in search of the most unusual and uniquely colored equines. The result is a breathtaking collection of more than 175 photos.
About 30% of lameness in horses is associated with foot problems, yet little research focuses on the biomechanics and function of the equine hoof. Researchers recently found slight differences in horses' hooves following exercise.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset