Odds-on choice American Lion showed some greenness but found his best stride in the lane to post a half-length victory in the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) in his stakes debut for trainer Eoin Harty Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park.
Smokey Fire, making his stakes debut for trainer Sid Attard, took the lead approaching mid-stretch and held off Field Commission for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $159,787 Kennedy Road (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 21.
Acoma, who entered off couple of disappointing starts, made it a perfect 3-for-3 on the Churchill Downs turf course when she outfought You Go West Girl by a head to win the $111,700 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Nov. 21.
Racing in graded stakes company for the first time since disappointing in the Gotham (gr. III) this spring, Haynesfield looked like a completely different 3-year-old this time around, as he took over approaching the quarter-pole and easily repelled odds-on favorite Gone Astray to win the $103,500 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by 4 1/2 lengths Nov. 21 at Aqueduct.
Trainer Dallas Stewart says Macho Again is "ready to roll" for the $400,000 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Nov. 27.
One Caroline, the talented 4-year-old daughter of Unbridled's Song who won her first five career starts, has been sidelined by an undisclosed injury that occurred during a third-place finish to Malibu Prayer in the Nov. 7 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Quality Road's starting gate saga looks as if it could have a happy ending after the colt passed his major test at Aqueduct Saturday morning with flying colors.
Bertram Linder, a Saratoga sale yearling consigner for 50 years, died Oct. 7.
A novel experimental treatment for equine herpesvirus type-1 (EHV-1) called RNA interference shows promise, but more research is needed before this technology becomes commercially available.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks