Stardom Bound, the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Filly (gr. I) winner and likely the divisional champion, could make her 3-year-old debut in the $300,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) at one mile on Feb. 7, new trainer Bobby Frankel said.
The multiple graded stakes winner Valbenny lands in a good spot to try to end an eight-race losing streak in the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. II) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 4.
Frolic's Dream leaves the friendly confines of Calder Race Course for the first time when she puts her undefeated record on the line against six rivals in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 4 at Gulfstream Park.
Odds-on choice Backbackbackgone earned the third stakes win of his five-race career when he held off a willing Free Action for a one-length victory in the $75,000 Golden Bear Stakes for 3-year-olds at Golden Gate Fields on New Year's Day.
The first stakes race of Turfway Park's new winter/spring meet is also the first chance to gauge hopefuls for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) later in the meet. The $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes on Jan. 3, written for 3-year-olds racing 6 1/2 furlongs, is the first of three local prep races for the Lane's End, which is in turn a major prep for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
In a short statement issued Jan. 1, New York Racing Association chief Charlie Hayward said an agreement had not been reached to send the organization's racing signal to TVG.
Favored In Summation regained some of the sparkle he lost last season with a sharp one-length win in the $98,000 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita on New Year's Day.
Steven Asmussen, Garrett Gomez and Zayat Stables, LLC head the individual lists of the leading trainers, jockeys and owners...
Churchill Downs has announced it has come to terms with horsemen over advance deposit wagering splits for the 2009 spring meeting at the Louisville, Ky., racetrack. The meet begins April 25.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George